Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Reflection Post

I have truly enjoyed writing the journal posts. Not only is it a great release, it is an excellent way to improve flow and efficiency while writing. I have even noticed that the way I form sentences has improved and my typing speed and accuracy too. I have gone from having to peak at the keyboard to not looking at all; even with punctuation.
I think this is one of the greatest tools we have in this course. It forces you to stop what you are doing and just start writing, and the more you focus and just keep writing the more efficient you become.
I was so proud of some of my posts, others I felt like I could have done better on, or found a better topic, but the ones about family and friends were awesome. Being able to express my love for my family was so fulfilling.
The thing I think I have improved most on, is my ability to summarize a well formed sentence. I had a real problem getting to 'wordy' when describing certain things.
Posting to a blog is much like talking to a therapist, you are able to express yourself in your own way, and that is very special. I am still amazed at the difference in my writing, I can actually organize my thoughts as I am writing. This was something I struggled with greatly, and I do still have a small problem trying to keep thoughts in chronological order; however between this and the essays we've been writing the repition of organization is becoming a great asset.
The resources we have available are astounding, I would have never thought coming into this class that I would have learned so much and had so many tools at my fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment