Sunday, July 6, 2014

Journal Post 07/06/2014

Today is a day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice in it! What a gorgeous day it is; I love Summer months. Being able to spend time outdoors, getting in touch with nature and family is an experience I will always want to have. Watching Braden swing on his play set, while I pick weeds out of my flower bed is what I call an awesome day. Not thinking about work, school, or financial situation. Living only in the moment and loving every second of it. Writing in this journal gives me perspective, I am able to reflect on days past and days present and show myself a little reminder of how wonderful life truly is. I can’t help but think of others who have so little. It is painful to think there are people out there, without a home, a family or any belongings to call their own. Not even a toothbrush! Thinking about these things today as brought me to a conclusion, I would like to start volunteering when I can. I don’t have money to spare but on rare occasions I do have time, and some organizations need all the help they can get. I hope to show my son what the true meaning of life is. We are put here for a greater reason than our tendency in selfishness. I hope to inspire friends to help and to lend a hand where a hand is all that is needed. If we don’t help each other, who will?

No comments:

Post a Comment