Thursday, July 10, 2014

Journal Post 07/10/2014

What if there was no pain in the world? I ask myself these questions all too often. I wonder why God created pain? Is it to remind us of the gifts we have, I just don't know. What I do know is that there are so many different forms of pain, it is almost unrealistic. The pain that some people feel on a daily basis just breaks my heart. I wouldn't wish chronic pain on my worst enemy...OK well maybe my absolute worst enemy. In general however it is such a tragedy for someone to suffer on a daily basis with some sort of pain interrupting their days. We see a lot of patients at work who have some type of physical pain, but living with their unbearable pain causes them emotional pain. They have no idea how they are suppose to cope with their constant debilitating pain. Who could blame them? Can you imagine not being able to walk to your own mailbox because you had so much pain in your back and legs taking the ten steps is literally physically impossible? To rely on someone else for every little thing in life you use to do without batting an eye. It doesn't matter your age any type of pain is not fun, but I ask people to look at the glass half full, because it could always be worse. I have seen the worse and it is heart breaking. These individuals don't want to live anymore. They want to throw in the towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment