Thursday, July 17, 2014

Journal Post 07/17/2014

I have a serious problem. I absolutely do not know how to keep my son from sneaking into my bed at night. It has truly put a damper on when my husband and I can be a "married couple." I absolutely cannot figure out how this started. From the moment he was a newborn until about eight months ago he slept by himself without question or a problem. It was a wonderful time that I reminisce about on many occasions. I really use to be able to lay him down in his crib at 7:30 PM or 8 PM, listen to him on the baby monitor and he would be asleep within ten minutes. Then twelve hours late he would wake up, bright eyed and busy tailed. Where have my days of restful nights, without an elbow or a knee in my back gone? I miss being able to roll over and not have my head yanked backwards because there is 40 pounds of little boy lying on my long hair. I have a theory, my Grandma, Braden's great Grandma, has been using an old scary story on all of us for at least 27 years. She used to tell us there was a "Fido" in her room to keep us out of there. Well I have come to find out, she has been telling my poor little son, the same horrifying stories. I have asked Braden several times why he comes into my bedroom at night and he says the same thing: "I was scared" I am hoping I have a solution to our almost one year problem, I have some kittens now and I am hoping they will fill the void of fear in my son's mind while he sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment