Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Journal Post 07/16/2014

The semester is almost over, this class and my computer class for the summer has been so crazy busy. It is a lot of work, but it is very much worth it. If I ever get discouraged I think about my son. He is in every way my rock. The reason I get up in the morning and at the same time, the reason I collapse I am so sleepy at night. I wouldn't have it any other way.
The day I had Braden is a day I will never forget for many reasons. The birth was horrific, I was petrified. I had been brought in the night before to start the induction and it was a blessing that I was. As Braden started to descend into my pelvis, he was cryshing his umbilical cord. His heart rate would slow to nearly a stop and the nurses would frantically reposition me until they got him back. One of the nurses ran outside the door to call for the doctor, and like a gift from God, she was already standing outside the door, about to walk in. She did a 10 second assessment of the situation and told the nurses to get me to OR STAT! It was time to go and the nurses worked feverishly. They had me in the OR within 2 minutes. I was sitting on the edge of the OR table slouched over, waiting for the Anesthesiologist to put in my spinal block, however it did not take. I was still moving my legs and was able to feel every little thing they were doing to me. We had ran out of time, it was time to do it and I grabbed my Mom's hand and looked at my doctor with tears in my eyes, and told her to save my son. I cannot explain what that blade felt like going across my skin, but it was the most intense pain I have ever experienced in my entire life. I good feel the ripping and tearing and they pulled the skin apart to retrieve Braden. I was screaming and the next thing I see is white lights and my daddy's face. They had put me out during the Cesarean Section and I was waking up in recovery, I was alive and more importantly my son was alive and he was perfect-still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment