Friday, July 11, 2014

Journal Post 07/11/2014

This day feels as if it may never end! How many days have I had in life like this one, I feel as though I am wishing away all of my days; and yet I nearly cry to think of how fast my son is growing. I wish he would stop, so he could be my little baby for the rest of time. It is a bittersweet moment for any mother to see their children grow up. You miss the way they depend on you for everything, yet you grow so proud of the individuals they become. I am very nervous for him to start school, because of his short leg and prosthetic brace, I hope that the other children will refrain from making fun of him. I don't know that my heart could take it. I already kid angry inside when parents stare relentlessly at his leg while we are in grocery stores. Some days I tolerate it better than others. My poor husband however is so protective of his family and when people can't resist being blatantly rude, he lets them know about it. I smile on the inside to see him take such a loving place for my son. He didn't have to take Braden in 4 years ago, but he did without question. If every woman had a man like my husband, there would be no divorces. Everyone would be married to their soul mate. I love this man so very much. He works so hard and is such an inspiration. I am a very lucky wife and mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment