Sunday, July 20, 2014

Journal Post 07/20/2014

The news I received today, shook me to the core. The woman who helped raise my sister and myself has been diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer. She is not well and the prognosis is not positive.
This woman is inspiring, never in my life have I seen someone with more skill raising children. She taught my sister and myself how to read before we were even in school and she taught us how to unleash our creativity,
She has even taken up watching my son, and just the one on one time she spends with him, he is head over heels for her. He is such a smart boy and with her expertise, he just excels.
The past six or seven years, sweet Mika has been living her own personal hell. Her worthless daughter moved herself, her husband and her two children into her home. Not only that, her daughter expects her to raise the children, even though she is "disabled" and cannot work. The oldest, is a boy and is about 13 years old. He has serious mental issues, he is borderline psychotic and it breaks Mika's heart that even with her gift with children, she cannot reach this one. He is too far gone. The emotional abuse he took from his mother and all of her different boyfriends and this last husband before he divorced her as severely destroyed this childs life. I am afraid there is no reversing these issues. I am terrified that he will hurt Mika one of these days, I love her dearly and I will do anything in the world for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment