Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Journal Post 07/15/2014

I wanted to talk about my mother in this blog post. She is an incredible woman, you will never in your life find a person who loves animals as much as her. If you have ever cried during commercial about the ASPCA, my mother has almost fallen in the floor balling. She currently has a variance shelter license. On her seven acres, she has over 30 dogs and 35 cats. They are all happy and healthy. Each animal is individually given their shots, medicine and flea control. Not only all that, she makes her own dog food to go over the dry food. She leaves dry food out for each of them 24/7. I know she has to spend a fortune a year on all this stuff, but she wouldn't change a thing. She loves each of them individually and knows their favorite place for a belly scratch.
This woman is beyond words kind. I have seen her stop traffic on a busy main road in Springfield, because she was saving a puppy. That happened about ten years ago and she still has sweet little Baby.
Thinking of Baby's name, made me want to point out that each one of her dogs has a name that starts with a 'B.' This has been tradition for as long as I can remember.
This same woman, works harder than anyone I know. I don't think I have ever seen her take a sick day. She has been a registered nurse for 30 years, and if you ever wanted a nurse in a bad time, she is the one you want. She is compassionate, caring and absolutely brilliant. She is currently the Director of Ambulatory Services at one of the main hospitals. She is an inspiration to me and to anyone who crosses her path.

No comments:

Post a Comment