Saturday, July 12, 2014

Journal Post 07/12/2014

It is finally the weekend, but a sad one. A family member passed away and although we were not close. It is always so sad to see the family who was and their mourning. I have always been so sensitive to other people's pain or even happiness. I see tears and I usually am crying with them. I think that is why my patients feel so comfortable with me. The absolute finest moments of my job are when patients get off our table after having a procedure done and they break down in tears because they are finally pain free. That's a moment I live and cry in. These poor people (who are usually elderly) have lived years and years without ever knowing this kind of alternative treatment exists, and when that pain finally comes to an end it is absolutely overwhelming for them. They couldn't remember the last time they were able to roll out of bed without excruciating pain. It is truly a transformation and it is not just physical, it is also emotional and I can't help but share that emotional journey with them. I usually end our session in the room with a tear filled hug and my heart is full. I just wish that every patient would have that same result. Some people's disease is so far progressed the injections the doctors do just don't touch the sever pain these people are living with, sometimes surgery is the only option and other times in that situation there is just nothing anyone can do but try to control the pain with medication. Of course this is no real quality of life, but it does help these people live the rest of their days, whether that is long or short amount of time, without the severe pain that is so bad they don't want to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment