Friday, July 4, 2014

Journal Post 07/04/2014

Happy Independence Day everyone! What a beautiful day it was too; we had such a great time in Battlefield, Missouri. The firework show was wonderful and the kids, of course, had the most fun of all. Sparklers and smoke bombs filled the air with sulfuric fumes, but no one cared, after all it is the 4th! There was one incident that I have to mention, the neighbors that live across the street from my brother-in-law and his family had an absolute fit because one of the kids at our party shot off a bottle rocket and the stick happened to land on the neighbor’s roof, then rolled off and landed in their yard. Wow, I have never seen tempers run so hot and so quickly. The fight of words was on, and they weren’t shy about which ones they wanted to use. I was mortified as my four year old son was with me at the road line where we had been setting off small smoke bombs and sparklers. After about the fifth MF-Bombs from the neighbors, I was done and covered Braden’s ears and headed inside with him until I could no longer hear screaming. Something that bothered me very much about the little temper flare was the complete disregard for the children in the area. You can’t spew obscenities and violence with little ears present. The worst offender was actually dragging a small child across the lawn towards all of us, around the age of 1, maybe 2 years old, all the while she was screaming at the tops of her lungs at my brother-in-law with every word in the book. It saddened my heart because this child did not even seem fazed. It seemed like she was used to this behavior, as in an opposite world from theirs, my son was almost in tears just catching the start of the altercation because he has never truly witnessed any sort of behavior like this and he was afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment