Monday, July 7, 2014

Journal Post 07/07/2014

I am going to share something today that is somewhat disturbing and bothersome, but I want to express that I am not trying to offend anyone; I would just like to share a personal healthcare experience that happened. At the pain center, we see all sorts of people. Pain does not discriminate and neither do we. Well we have a particular male patient that openly admitted at his first visit that he is very excited by masturbating amongst crowds of people. Whether it is in a public place, grocery stores, gas stations, etc.; well, we did not ask for this information, nor were we interested in hearing about it. This bothers me because it is an act of sexual misconduct even talking to someone about that, who has not asked. He is telling us these things because it excites him to express it. The biggest problem I had is what he did in our bathroom, and what he blatantly left there for all of us to see. That is disgusting, rude and unacceptable, and that is exactly what I told him when dismissing him as a patient. I do not understand what possess people to act out in such a way. I think back on all my years in healthcare and cannot find a more disturbing incidence. The closest I could come to was thinking back about 6 years ago to a female patient that would tell us she had to see a Gastroenterologist because she was swallowing too much sperm. I mean, seriously, how disgusting do you have to be to be proud of that and share it with anyone without batting an eye? It is disturbing. Truly makes me wonder how many of these deviants live amongst us.

No comments:

Post a Comment