Thursday, June 26, 2014

Journal Post 6-26-2014



This has to have been one of the craziest days at work I have ever experienced. In healthcare we always seem to joke about “it must be a full moon!” Well, I am unsure if it is a full moon tonight I just know that we had all the people who qualify for full moon silliness. Although being in my particular profession, 75% of our clientele do not tend to be emotionally sound, as pain can do funny things to the mind and body.
It started with a man in his late 40’s, he came in to our building screaming, demanding to be seen by our one and only doctor. I went out to speak with him and he threatened to hit me if I didn’t find his doctor right that moment. I told him that he would have to calm down or I was calling security ( little did he know I already had.) Needless to say his ranting and raving did not stop, he continued swearing at anyone who came into his view until security walked in the door. I have never in my life seen someone change from full out rage to complete innocence in one turn of the head. It was a sight to behold. When he whipped his head around to see the security guard, his tone changed and in the sweetest voice he could muster he asked the security officer if there was a problem. I couldn’t help but giggle out loud and guess what? That re-set him off, I got called every name in the book and the lunatic patient got taken away. I still don’t know if he went to jail or not, all I know is he has been permanently dismissed as a patient in our clinic. Let’s hope tomorrow is better day than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment